GATHERING TOGETHER, BUT DIFFERENTLY
Sunday mornings at All Saints may look different for a little while longer. At the 8:45 and 10:00 services, we continue to incorporate extra efforts to promote cleanliness and encourage distance between attendees.
There are no special precautions taken at the 11:15 service, where masks are optional.
We currently offer three 60-minute in-person worship services at 8:45, 10:00, and 11:15 AM.
Childcare in the Children's Hall and Small Saints are available at 8:45, 10:00 and 11:15. No RSVP is needed, so come as you are.
*A note to parents: If your child is exhibiting any signs of illness please keep them home.
- Childcare in the Children's Hall
- Available at 8:45, 10:00 and 11:15. No RSVP is needed, so come as you are.
- Childcare Workers
- Paid childcare workers staff the classrooms at this time. Temperature checks will be administered to all those working in the Children's Hall before the children arrive.
- Check-in and Drop-off
- Check in at the iPad kiosk. After checking in, parents/guardians may walk the child to his/her class.
- Pick-up will happen in the same manner at the end of the worship service. Those wishing to pick up their child prior to communion in order for them to be present in worship may do so.
- Small Saints
- Small Saints (Kinder-3rd grade) is available at the 8:45, 10:00, and 11:15 services.
- Those attending Small Saints will be released to line up in the Narthex following the Gospel reading. At 8:45 & 10:00, please ensure your Small Saint has a face covering before sending them to line up.
- Class Time
- Small Saints will return to the Sanctuary at the Offertory, prior to Communion. During class they will enjoy a Bible lesson and craft as time permits.
- End of Class
- Children will walk back to the Sanctuary with their class and return to find you at your seats during the Offertory.
- Giving Each Other Space
- Just as giving one another some space is now commonly practiced in our community, please be courteous to others in offering some extra space while at church, particularly at the 8:45 & 10:00 services.
- In the Sanctuary
- At 8:45 & 10:00, the front half of the sanctuary features every-other-row spacing. Please leave two empty seats between parties.
- Attendees may take communion “self-serve”. We use individual glass cups to serve both the bread and the wine; bread is broken into little pieces and presented in cups. Those taking communion will come forward, partake of a cup of bread and a cup of wine or grape juice, and return to one’s seat.
Health and Cleanliness Standards
- Health and Safety
- For the health and well-being of everyone present, those with any of the following new or worsening signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19 are asked to please watch the livestream from home and refrain from attending a service: a temperature of 100ºF or higher, a persistent cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, diarrhea, or recent contact with anyone confirmed to have COVID-19. Staff and volunteers will undergo routine temperature checks upon arrival.
- Face Coverings
- Face coverings are required at the 8:45 & 10:00 services with the exception of during the scripture readings and sermon. Naturally, taking communion will necessitate the removal of one’s face covering. And, of course, face coverings need not be placed on young children nor anyone who is medically exempt.
- Self-Serve Experience
- If you so desire, you may also bring your personal tablet device and use it to download the bulletin, or print one at home.
- Tithes and Offering
- For now, we have furloughed the use of our offering stones, and do not pass the offering bowls during the service. If you wish to make a gift on Sunday morning, you may drop it in the bowl on your way into the sanctuary. Online giving also remains a convenient, easy option for all.
- Touchless soap dispensers inside the restrooms and hand sanitizer stations outside the restrooms are available.
If You Think You Are Sick
With allergy season upon us, it is important to remember that many of the symptoms of COVID-19 are similar to those of common illnesses. If you or someone in your household is presenting symptoms of illness (see above), we ask that you please consider staying home -- we invite you to join us for worship via the livestream.
If you or someone in your household attends an in-person service or church event and subsequently tests positive for COVID-19, please notify Mary Freiberger or David Breeding as soon as possible. Names and all personal information will be kept strictly confidential.
If you have had or likely had COVID-19, we ask that you follow these guidelines from the CDC when planning when to return to in-person worship.
NEW NORMALS – BUT JUST FOR NOW.
We expect these alternate measures to be temporary, and look forward to making further modifications for the better as we continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation in Austin over the coming weeks and months.
Our staff is so very grateful for the support and encouragement we’ve received from our congregation over the past year. Thank you for being with us on this most unusual journey. Whether you join us in person or continue watching the service online, we’re glad you’re a part of All Saints. Please let us know how we can best support you and your life in Christ.