How do I prepare for membership?
We generally hope that people will worship with us for a few months before making the decision to pursue membership. Then to become a member, sign-up for the upcoming spring or fall "All About All Saints" class. You'll be asked to fill out a bit of paperwork and to schedule an interview with a pastor or elder. The final step is to publically take membership vows during worship.
How often does All About All Saints take place?
Twice a year. Usually once in the spring and once in the fall.
When am I officially a member?
You’ll be formally welcomed into membership upon publicly taking the membership vows during worship on New Member Sunday.
Am I obligated to join All Saints in membership if I take the membership class?
By no means, but we hope you do! “All About All Saints” is simply a chance for you to get to know us better and vice versa.
What if I can't attend the membership class or if I need to join sooner?
There are extenuating circumstances under which we receive new members throughout the year. If you would like to explore this possibility, please email Kara Dunleavy.
What if I'm coming from another PCA church? Do I still have to take AAAS to join in membership?
Yes. Even if you have been a member of another church in our denomination, the All About All Saints class is a required part of the membership process. We ask that you participate in this class to fully grasp what makes All Saints unique in her culture. Plus, we want to get to know you!
What if I'm only in Austin for a short time and want to retain membership in my home church?
Members of PCA churches can join All Saints as Associate Members and still retain full memberships in their home churches. Our denomination does not offer Associate Membership for members of non-PCA churches. If you think this is a good fit for you, email Kara Dunleavy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the 5 membership vows?
You’ll be asked to answer these 5 membership vows as set forth in the Presbyterian Church in America's Book of Church Order:
- Do you acknowledge yourselves to be sinners in the sight of God, justly deserving His displeasure, and without hope save in His sovereign mercy?
- Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God, and Savior of sinners, and do you receive and rest upon Him alone for salvation as He is offered in the Gospel?
- Do you now resolve and promise, in humble reliance upon the grace of the Holy Spirit, that you will endeavor to live as becomes the followers of Christ?
- Do you promise to support the Church in its worship and work to the best of your ability?
- Do you submit yourselves to the government and discipline of the Church, and promise to study its purity and peace?